Transfers Bergen Airport to the Conference venue
The Conference venue, the Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg, is located at 4,7 km from Bergen Airport.
On the arrival and departure days, a shuttle will run between the Airport and the Edvard Grieg hotel*:
- Tuesday 17/9: Airport - Edvard Grieg hotel: between 14:00-20:00, every 30 minutes
- Wednesday 18/9: Airport - Edvard Grieg hotel: between 08:00-14.00, every 30 minutes
The bus will have an ESCCA sign and will be stationed in front of the airport exit.
- Saturday 21/9: Edvard Grieg hotel - Airport*: 15.45 and 16:30
* The Comfort Bergen Airport hotel is at walking distance from the Airport.
No reservations are needed.
Other options to go to the Edvard Grieg hotel
If you arrive or leave outside the above mentioned hours, you can take a taxi or the Bergen Light Rail.
- Taxi: 8-10 minutes - approx. 250-300 NOK.
- Bergen Light Rail (Bybanen) - stop Sandslivegen (5th stop, 8 minutes) departure every 5-8 minutes. From there it is approx. 11 minutes' walk to the hotel (700-800 meters) - download the map for the walking route. You can buy a ticket at the ticket machine located at all stops of the Light Rail, or use the super handy Skyss Ticket app that you can use for all transport in Bergen.
From Wednesday-Saturday a shuttle will bring delegates staying in the Comfort Bergen Airport hotel to the Conference v.v. Furthermore a shuttle to/from Bergen city centre (Bryggen area) has been arranged on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after the sessions.
The bus time schedule can be downloaded here. A copy including a map of the bus stop in Bryggen will also be included in the delegate bags.
The above mentioned shuttles service is available for ESCCA delegates, but only when you reserve your room via the dedicated ESCCA reservation form. For more information, please see the Housing page. If you reserve rooms via other channels or in another hotel, you should arrange your own transportation to/from the Conference.
Although Norway is not a Member-State of the European Union but has signed agreements in association with the Schengen Agreement. Delegates who need a visa should apply directly to the Norwegian embassy or consulate in their own country. Please note that the organisers cannot contact embassies or consulates; the delegate is solely responsible to apply for the Visa. However, the Registration Office will be pleased to provide you with a Letter of Inviation; please see the Registration page for the requirements to apply for such a Letter. Please allow sufficient time for your visa application!
For more information about Schengen Visa and application for Norway, please click here.