ORAL PRESENTATIONS - POSTER FLASH PRESENTATIONS - POSTER PRESENTERS
PRINTING YOUR POSTER IN BERGEN
It is possible to have your poster printed in Bergen by Allkopi NetPrint.
Please note however that they cannot deliver the poster to the Edvard Grieg hotel, so you will need to collect it yourself at their print shop. The shop is located some 35-40 minutes away by taxi (approx. 50 euro or more).
Alternatively you need to take the Bergen Light Rail (located at some 800 m. walking distance from the hotel; departure every 5-8 minutes) to the city centre (a 37 minutes' ride, last stop Byparken) and take a taxi from there (10 minutes).
The shop is open from 08.00-16.00 hrs. from Mon-Fri.
Production time: 2 working days.
Cost: 769 NOK incl. VAT
To order: send an email to the address below, specifiying the size of the poster (A0). The poster should be sent in PDF.
Tel.: +47 55 55 30 55
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
To submit your abstract, go to the Abstract submission system
|1 May 2019||Abstract submission open|
|30 June 2019||Deadline abstract submission (23:59:59 CEST)*|
|5 July 2019||EXTENDED deadline for late abstracts|
|18 July 2019||Notifications of acceptance for abstracts|
|4 August 2019||Early registration deadline|
All accepted abstract presenters must register and pay before the early fee deadline. Acceptance of abstracts into the programme and Abstract Book is subject to the receipt of the registration and registration fee.
Topics and Presentation types
- Advances in Cytometry
The Scientific Committee makes the final selection of abstracts to be included in the conference programme. Accepted papers will be divided into three categories:
- Oral Presentation of 15 minutes including discussion time presented in one of the parallel sessions (OPP)* taking place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. One of the Oral Presentations is eligible for the ESCCA Best Oral Presentation Award.
- Poster Flash Presentation of 5 minutes presented in one of the above mentioned parallel sessions (OPP)*. One of the Poster Flash Presentations is eligible for the ESCCA Best Poster Flash Presentation Award.
- Poster presentation for those authors who do not want to present their poster orally in one of the above mentioned OPP sessions.
* In order to qualify for an Oral Presentation or a Poster Flash Presentation, presenting authors must submit their abstract in time, i.e. before the submission deadline of 30 June.
Best Oral & Best Poster Awards
One of the Oral Presentations and one of the Poster Flash Presentation will be eligible for resp. the ESCCA Best Oral Presentation and ESCCA Best Poster Presentation Awards.
The chairpersons of the OPP sessions (see programme) will review and score the oral presentations and flash poster presentations. The results will be submitted to the Scientific Committee who will select the winners.
The Awards will be handed out on Saturday 21 September during the ESCCA Awards Session at 12.45 hrs. The winners twill be entitled to a free registration for the ESCCA 2020 Conference.
To be selected to present you are required to submit an abstract via the online abstract submission system. Faxed or hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- Authors may submit and present a maximum of two abstracts but can be mentioned as a co-author of other papers.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: 30 June.
- Deadline for late abstracts (Poster and Poster Flash Presentation ONLY): Friday 5 July 23:23:59 CEST
Step 1. Prepare your abstract. Please carefully read all the instructions in the next section. Abstracts not submitted in this format may not be considered for review.
Step 2. Enter the online abstract submission system and follow the instructions. After having completed the required details, you can paste the text of your abstract in the appropriate section.
Step 3. After having completed the submission process you will receive an automatically generated email to confirm that your abstract has been submitted successfully. Please check your spam folder if you have not received this confirmation.
Submitting an abstract does not automatically register you for participation to the conference. All presenters of accepted abstracts must register for the Conference before the early registration fee deadline.
In line with the ESCCA policy, a honorarium or expense payment will not be provided for the presenters.
Prepare your abstract
- Maximum length of the abstract: 400 words. Longer abstracts will be rejected by the system. The submission programme will automatically calculate the size of your abstract and will not allow submissions that do not fit the size requirements.
- Maximum length of the title: 20 words. Please make sure to type the title correctly.
- Do NOT type the abstract title in capital letters.
- The title should clearly define the topic. Do NOT identify your institution in the title.
- Do NOT put a full stop after the title.
Example 1: Guidelines on clinical diagnostic cytometry
Example 2: Diagnosis in immunodeficiencies. A summary
Body of the abstract:
Abstracts should be written and structured as indicated below.
- Single line spacing is required.
- Include 4 paragraph headers in bold and followed by a colon (:)
- Insert a space, then follow with the text
- Start the next paragraph on the next line.
- Do NOT insert a white line in between the 4 sections of your abstract
Introduction: Indicate the purpose and objective of the research, the hypothesis that was tested or a description of the problem being analysed or evaluated.
Methods: Describe the setting/location for the study, study design, study population, ethical considerations, data collection and methods of analysis used.
Results: Present as clearly and detailed as possible the findings/outcome of the study, with specific results in summarised form.
Conclusions: Briefly discuss the data and main outcome of the study, treatment, care and/or support, and implications of the results. (it is not acceptable to state: “The results will be discussed”).
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- Tables, images and pictures are NOT allowed.
- Use numbers for numbers and only very well-known abbreviations e.g., ml, kg, MRI. If you must use other abbreviations, you must explain the first time it appears.
- Commercial submitters are asked to edit their abstracts to remove unsubstantiated claims, e.g. "easy-to-use" kit
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED. Invited speakers who have not yet submitted their abstracts will receive the link via email on Monday 8 July.
Follow the instructions mentioned in the online abstract submission system. You will receive an email to confirm that your abstract has been submitted succesfully.
All submitted abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by an international reviewing committee.
Reviewers will give rankings from 1 to 5 points, taking into consideration the following 4 criteria:
- Relevance of the subject/originality
- Relevance/value of the results
- Study design/scientific value
- Quality of presentation
After giving the rankings, reviewers will submit the recommended presentation style (oral or poster). Reviewers can make suggestions to the subject.
Notification of Acceptance or Rejection
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting (corresponding) author. Please also note that only the submitting author will receive mail concerning the abstract.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The personal information supplied in connection with the abstract submission will be held by ESCCA as a record of attendees and parties expressing interest in the ESCCA 2019 Conference. By submitting an abstract for this Conference the parties concerned are agreeing that ESCCA may:
- use that personal information to contact them by email, direct mail or telephone, in order to supply information relevant to this Conference and future ESCCA Conferences and ESCCA meetings.
- use that personal information to be included in the relevant Conference documentation, such as an abstract book, online and/or printed scientific programme and Abstract Book, abstract (oral and poster) overviews and dedicated congress app.
By accessing and/or using the online submission system you agree (also on behalf of co-authors) to all the terms of the abstract submission guidelines and instructions as mentioned on this webpage. Please note that transfer of copyright applies to all material submitted through this online system.
Conference Embargo Policy
In the case of the ESCCA 2019 Conference, as with most scientific/medical conferences, all conference abstracts are released to delegates under a strict embargo policy. You will acknowledge that it is a condition of your acceptance that you will not provide another lecture/workshop/seminar to an audience in Europe for a period of two weeks before or after the conference, apart from regular undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching.
Copyright of the abstract(s) is assigned to ESCCA and/or the ESCCA 2019 Conference. Accepted abstracts can be published in one of the following publications:
- Online abstract book downloadable from the Conference website (access restricted to registered participants only, for the duration of 1 month)
- Online abstract book published on the ESCCA website / membership section (no time restriction)
- Online abstract book published on Wiley's website of Cytometry B
The Conference organiser Your Conference Support has assigned Parthen to process the registrations and abstracts for this conference. Please contact them directly if you need assitance with the abstract submission process:
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
phone: +31 20 572 73 04