Instructions for poster presenters
All presenters have received instructions for the preparation and presentation of posters by e-mail. These can also be downloaded here.
For an overview of the presenting authors and the poster board numbers, please click here here.
It is possible to have your poster printed locally by Marc-Martí Mediterrània.
Costs: 80 euro per poster excluding 21% VAT for a digital imprint on 150 grs. paper in the required A0 format (841 x 1189 mm).
You can collect your poster at their offices, or have your poster delivered to your hotel at an additional charge of 25 euro.
Payment is to be done by bank transfer immediately upon receipt of the invoice. If you are going to collect the poster at their offices, payment can also be done in cash.
Please note: By placing the order, you accept that payment is due, also in case of no-show or cancellation of the order. Neither the organisers nor Marc-Martí can exempt you from payment.
How to order:
- Send your poster in a pdf file by email to Mrs. Maria Salvi firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: no later than 10 days before your arrival in Valencia.
- Indicate in your email if you are going to collect the poster at their office, or if you want to receive the poster in your hotel.
Delivery by post to your hotel:
- If you want the poster to be sent to the hotel, specify the hotel name and address, and your arrival date in your email.
Collection of your poster at their offices:
- Opening times: from Monday to Friday from 09.00-14.00 hrs. and from 15.00-18.00 hrs.
- Their offices are located approx. 6,5 km. / 15 minutes (depending on the traffic) from the Conference Centre and can best be reached by taxi.
- Address: MARC MARTI MEDITERRANEA, S.L, POL. IND. EL BRAÇ – C/ ALQUERIA DE ROPILLA, 14 B, 46131 BONREPOS I MIRAMBEL (VALENCIA)
Questions? Please contact Marc-Marti Mediterrània directly: Mrs. Maria Salvi, email@example.com; phone +34 96 356 28 30.
Before entering the abstract submission system, please carefully read all the below information, instructions and conditions.
Go directly to
|15 May 2018||Abstract submission open|
|25 June 2018||Deadline abstract submission (23:59:59 CEST)*|
|On or around 13 July 2018||Notifications of acceptance for abstracts|
|5 August 2018||Early registration deadline|
All accepted abstract presenters must register and pay before the early fee deadline of 5 August. Acceptance of abstracts into the programme and Abstract Book is subject to the receipt of the registration and registration fee.
The Scientific Committee makes the final selection of abstracts to be included in the conference programme. All abstracts will be considered for poster presentation with a poster display. On-site, the Scientific Committee will select the best poster for the ESCCA Best Poster Award.
Accepted papers will be divided into three categories:
- Oral presentation of 15 minutes including discussion time scheduled in plenary session PLE-2 on Thursday 13 September (3 abstracts). One of these will be eligible for the ESCCA Best Oral Presentation Award.*
- Presentation & discussion of 5 minutes during one of the Poster Walks on Friday 14 and Saturday 15 September (18 abstracts) *
- Poster presentations displayed in the exhibition area during the entire Conference (all abstracts)
* In order to qualify for this, presenting authors must submit their abstract in time, i.e. before the submission deadline of 25 June.
Best Oral & Best Poster Awards
The 3 best abstracts will be selected for presentation in plenary session PLE-2 Best Oral Abstract Presentations on Thursday 13 September. One of the presenters will be eligible for the ESCCA Best Oral Award which will be handed out on Saturday 15 September during the ESCCA Awards Session.
On-site, the Scientific Committee will select the best poster for the ESCCA Best Poster Award.
The ESCCA Best Oral and Best Poster Awards entitle the winners to a free registration for the next ESCCA Conference in 2019.
To be selected to present you are required to submit an abstract via the online abstract submission system. Faxed or hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- Authors may submit and present a maximum of two abstracts but can be mentioned as a co-author of other papers.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday 25 June 2018 23:59:59 CEST.
Step 1. Prepare your abstract. Please read all the below mentioned instructions carefully. Abstracts not submitted in this format may not be considered for review.
Step 2. Enter the online abstract submission system and follow the instructions. After having completed the required details, you can paste the text of your abstract in the appropriate section.
Step 3. After having completed the submission process you will receive an automatically generated email to confirm that your abstract has been submitted successfully. Please check your spam folder if you have not received this confirmation.
Submitting an abstract does not automatically register you for participation to the conference. All presenters of accepted abstracts must register to attend the ESCCA 2018 Conference before 5 August 2018.
In line with the ESCCA policy, a honorarium or expense payment will not be provided for the presenters.
All submitted abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by an international reviewing committee.
Reviewers will give rankings from 1 to 5 points, taking into consideration the following 4 criteria:
- Relevance of the subject/originality
- Relevance/value of the results
- Study design/scientific value
- Quality of presentation
After giving the rankings, reviewers will submit the recommended presentation style (oral or poster). Reviewers can make suggestions to the subject.
Notification of Acceptance or Rejection
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting (corresponding) author. Please also note that only the submitting author will receive mail concerning the abstract.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The personal information supplied in connection with the abstract submission will be held by ESCCA as a record of attendees and parties expressing interest in the ESCCA 2018 Conference. By submitting an abstract for this Conference the parties concerned are agreeing that ESCCA may:
- use that personal information to contact them by email, direct mail or telephone, in order to supply information relevant to this Conference and future ESCCA Conferences and ESCCA meetings.
- use that personal information to be included in the relevant Conference documentation, such as an abstract book, online and/or printed scientific programme and Abstract Book, abstract (oral and poster) overviews and dedicated congress app.
By accessing and/or using the online submission system you agree (also on behalf of co-authors) to all the terms of the abstract submission guidelines and instructions as mentioned on this webpage. Please note that transfer of copyright applies to all material submitted through this online system.
Conference Embargo Policy
In the case of the ESCCA 2018 Conference, as with most scientific/medical conferences, all conference abstracts are released to delegates under a strict embargo policy. You will acknowledge that it is a condition of your acceptance that you will not provide another lecture/workshop/seminar to an audience in Europe for a period of two weeks before or after the conference, apart from regular undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching.
Copyright of the abstract(s) is assigned to ESCCA and/or the ESCCA 2018 Conference. Accepted abstracts can be published in one of the following publications:
- Online abstract book downloadable from the Conference website (access restricted to registered participants only, for the duration of 1 month)
- Online abstract book published on the ESCCA website / membership section (no time restriction)
- Online abstract book published on Wiley's website of Cytometry B
- Advances in Cytometry
Size: Maximum length of the abstract: 400 words. Longer abstracts will be rejected by the system. The submission programme will automatically calculate the size of your abstract and will not allow submissions that do not fit the size requirements.
Title: Maximum length of the title: 20 words. Please make sure to type the title correctly. Do NOT type the full title in capital letters. Do NOT put a full stop after the title.
- Example 1: Guidelines on clinical diagnostic cytometry
- Example 2: Diagnosis in immunodeficiencies. A summary
The title should clearly define the topic. Do NOT identify your institution in the title.
Body of the abstract: Abstracts should be written and structured as indicated below.
- Single line spacing is required.
- Include 4 paragraph headers in boldand followed by a colon (:)
- Insert a space, then follow with the text
- Start the next paragraph on the next line.
Introduction: Indicate the purpose and objective of the research, the hypothesis that was tested or a description of the problem being analysed or evaluated.
Methods: Describe the setting/location for the study, study design, study population, ethical considerations, data collection and methods of analysis used.
Results: Present as clearly and detailed as possible the findings/outcome of the study, with specific results in summarised form.
Conclusions: Briefly discuss the data and main outcome of the study, treatment, care and/or support, and implications of the results. (it is not acceptable to state: “The results will be discussed”).
- NO white lines between the text and the headers.
- Tables, images and pictures are NOT allowed.
- Use numbers for numbers and only very well-known abbreviations e.g., ml, kg, MRI. If you must use other abbreviations, you must explain the first time it appears.
- Maximum number of words: 400
- Commercial submitters are asked to edit their abstracts to remove unsubstantiated claims, e.g. "easy-to-use" kit
Spelling: It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author.
Abstract submission has been closed.
Follow the instructions mentioned in the online abstract submission system. You will receive an email to confirm that your abstract has been submitted succesfully.
Global Conference Support has assigned Parthen to process the registrations and abstracts for this conference. Please contact them directly if you need assitance with the abstract submission process:
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
phone: +31 20 572 73 04